Woodsmiths, now owned and operated by Ken and son, Parnell, continues our niche in interior architectural millwork. We have also expanded into the residential market and supply kitchen cabinets, vanity cabinets, hollow core and solid core interior doors, exterior doors, barn doors, trim, stair parts, and hardwood flooring. Our warehouse stocks trim and our showroom displays kitchen cabinetry, doors, and flooring. We are staffed with knowledgeable and experienced sales representatives and designers to provide personal and professional assistance.
Ken, Parnell, Kelli and Pam Smith
Woodsmiths Custom Millwork, family owned and operated, was established in 1981 by Smith brothers Tim, Tom, and Sean, together with their mother, Mary Smith, in the basement of their home. We later moved our mill to the Park Trades building in downtown Kalamazoo where a fourth brother, Ken, joined the business.
Early on, Woodsmiths played an active role in reconstructing historical storefronts for the Rose Street Market, Main Street East,
First of America's Parkstone, Lawrence and Chapin Buildings, as well as reproductive millwork for St. Augustine Cathedral,
First Methodist Church, the Rickman, and Arcadia Bank. Woodsmiths also maintains a strong presence in the residential historical district.
In 1997, Woodsmiths built and moved to our current facility in Oshtemo Township at 1180 South 8th Street. Woodsmiths is well known for quality craftsmanship. We have supplied casework and trim to area contractors and construction managers for over 35 years. You will find our work in all the local and outlying hospitals, colleges, many restaurants, banks, courthouses, and well known facilities including Stryker, Pfizer, and The Kellogg Foundation.